Aug 28, 2012

5:45AM Spin Class

Today I did something I haven’t done in a while: wake up before 6 AM to work out. Oh and it wasn't just before 6, it was before 5!! AH! Why would I do such a thing?!

Now I know you might be thinking I’m crazy, but let me give you my reasons for doing this.



































ME time! This is the most effective way for me to have a quiet (the time it takes to get ready and the ride there) reflection period.  Oftentimes, I will be so focused after a workout or spin class that I don’t want to listen to music on the ride home. I encourage you to take 10-15 minutes of reflection time AFTER your workout with just you and your thoughts. It’s incredible.

Increase in Productivity. I honestly love getting up before the sun because I feel like the rest of the day will be super productive. And if I have already worked out before 7am, I have already accomplished one of my daily tasks. PLUS if you’re a busy person, as in, a full-time student, mother, working adult, it’s a great idea to go ahead and knock out your workout before the rest of the world yawns and rises.

Positive thinking. If you go hard in the mornings and give it your all, focusing on yourself, you will usually gain a positive outlook. I’m not really sure about the chemical processes....some may say it’s endorphins that make you feel happy...but whatever it is, exercising makes you happy, hopeful, accomplished, confident. I like doing things like this just to remind myself that I can do it. So, as Nike says, JUST DO IT!


Get it in! 
Here are some quick links to class schedules at nearby gyms:




No comments:

Post a Comment