Sep 26, 2012

Words from our Guest Blogger: Corey Emanuel

Just a few words before you start. I used to work for a fitness company, Instant Fitness, where I was the nutrition consultant. I would work with clients of a personal trainer to help them reach their goals faster. Corey was one of those perfect clients who did everything I told him :) and he had amazing results! Read his story:



Corey's healthy breakfast, customized for his specific goals.
In January 2012, I started a journey that has forever changed my life.  I improved my lifestyle through intense weight training, cardio and a new and improved nutritional plan.  Over the span of 9 months, I was able to lose and keep off a total of 12lbs and I also lost 7% body fat.  None of this was easy.  However, what helped me the most was the fact that I was already maintaining a decent diet.  For example, I was already eating breakfast, lunch and dinner.  And I was only eating fast-food a couple of times a week.  Of course, I had to learn what foods were better suited for my desired results.  I learned quickly that carbs are NOT my friend and that high protein servings were indeed the way for me to go.  Where I struggled was a lack of cardio which still today is an uphill battle.  Cardio, for me, takes planning.  I have to make time for it.  However, as I've learned to build it in to my schedule, it's become more of a way of life.  That's the beautiful thing about changing your lifestyle.  You're still in total control.  And as you learn your body, you're able to create the body you want according to a schedule that works best for you.




Corey after his hard work, treating himself to a vacation!




One of the biggest motivating forces behind me wanting to work out consistently is wanting to maximize my potential.  I knew I could achieve better results but I also knew I needed accountability partners in order to do so.  I need to have someone at the gym to say, "You have what it takes to make this a reality!"  I needed someone to email me or text me and say, "How can I help you create your grocery list for the week?"  Through Instant Fitness and the help of Tony and Olivia, I had a team who proved that they cared about me and that was very motivating.  It was also helpful to have a team who was transparent about their own struggles, and to know that I wasn't alone in the ongoing effort to improve my health. I can honestly say that after almost a year of intense training and a more concentrated effort to improve my eating habits, I am not the same person.  I am the person I was always intended to be: strong, healthy and in charge of my total well-being.


__________________________________________________________________________________________________


So, if you're not able to hire a team or personal trainer, who will be your accountability? We all make excuses for ourselves, so who will say "the buck stops here"? You may ask a friend, as a roommate, your mother, father, and if no one else, come to me! I have been helping people lose weight and stay healthy for a while now and I am more than happy to help anyone that comes along. Best results are in person, but I have clients that connect via Skype and telephone.

A BIG "Thank You" goes out to Corey for taking the time to write this blog for me! He is such a great guy and spread sunshine everywhere he goes. I wish him all the best!
If you'd like to learn more about Corey, check out his website here!

If you'd like to get a personal trainer and learn more about Instant Fitness, click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment