Dec 3, 2012

Creamy Balsamic Dressing

I'd like to share one of my most favorite recipes with you because I believe something so delicious should be a part of your diet ;)

Here is a gorgeous, luxurious dressing to adorn your tender spring greens. What I love more than balsamic vinegar is a creamy balsamic.


Here are the ingredients:




Thick stone ground mustard, honey, extra virgin olive oil, pepper, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, nonfat Greek yogurt, and salt. It's a little bit long, but if you take the time to get everything out before you start, it will go by quickly!

Just grab a bowl and a whisk, and go.

Creamy Balsamic Dressing
(note: I eyeballed all my measurements, and you can do so too. Also, I love the idea of balsamic and orange together, so don't be afraid to add orange juice or zest!)

Baby greens with apples, walnuts, blue cheese.
Toss with this awesome dressing!
Mix together:
2 Tbls mustard
2 Tbls honey
1/4 c balsamic vinegar
salt, pepper, & garlic powder to taste
Whisk these ingredients until combined.
Measure 1/4-1/2 c olive oil (depending on how acidic you like your dressing). Slowly drizzle in oil while vigorously whisking the above mixture. This, plus the mustard, will help emulsify the dressing.
Once the oil has been added, dollop in 1-2 Tbls Greek yogurt and whisk until combined.
You can store like I did in a mason jar and keep in the fridge. Depending on how thick this turns out, you may wish to adjust the amount of balsamic or oil. Try to use this pretty soon as the yogurt has a short shelf-life. But I don't think you'll have any problem eating this. Serving size is 2 Tbls at most.


I love how I have empty ones hanging around, waiting to be filled with a delicious treat!



No comments:

Post a Comment